Kiln-Dried Solid Log
Kiln-dried solid logs are “pre-shrunk” before milling the final profile. This ensures each log used in your home or cabin is stable and uniform. No severe shrinking or warping occurs.
- All Timberhaven kiln-dried solid logs are graded and stamped with the Log Homes Council Certification for stress Grades. Defective logs are graded out by trained inspectors, resulting in only the best kiln-dried logs for your home or cabin. This minimizes in-service checking, warping and twisting which occur in the kilns prior to milling and final construction.
- The high heat used in the kiln-drying process sanitizes the logs killing mold and fungi (which cause wood decay), as well as insects, their eggs and larvae.
- Pitch in the wood is crystallized during the kiln-drying process, reducing the possibility of the sticky substance seeping to the surface of your kiln-dried log wall.
- Interior and exterior finishes can be applied immediately to the kiln-dried logs following construction, speeding up the construction schedule and providing immediate protection from the elements. Also, applications absorb deeper and last longer.
- More than 10,000 pounds of water are removed from the average kiln-dried log home or log cabin, significantly reducing the weight of the logs. Even the longest kiln-dried solid logs are easily handled by two people.
- Properly kiln-dried solid logs provide the higher insulation values, reducing energy costs and increasing the comfort of your home.